The Distributor Specialist: Customer Champion, Profit Generator!
Frank E. Hurtte
- *Quantity discounts:
- 2-15 items: 15%
- 16-30 items: 20%
- 31-100 items: 30%
- 101-250 items: 40%
- 251+ items: 50%
Click here and take less than 2 minutes to hear directly from Author Frank Hurtte about why you need this book.
Specialists are used by a supermajority of top-performing distributors. In fact, in today's economy, many distributors consider the specialist role vital for their business.
The Distributor Specialist: Customer Champion, Profit Generator! shows you the business results that specialists can help you achieve, potential pitfalls of specialist utilization, and ways to build from scratch or strengthen your specialist team. Author Frank Hurtte includes real-world distributor case studies in each chapter so you know what you need to do to get started.
Read Extended Description »
What Readers Have to Say
- "Frank Hurtte articulates well why upper quartile distributors utilize a specialist philosophy to improve their overall business planning and strategy. He then gives you proactive, readable, and insightful reasons why you, too, should incorporate a distributor specialist in your strategic business model."
- — Drew Tucci, Director of Sales, Eastern Bearings
- "This book supports the thoughts we have had for many years that distributor specialists provide a unique vehicle for future growth."
- — Tim York, Vice President-Automation Solutions, Standard Electric
- "This is a true value-add handbook for how to better serve your customers through trained and qualified product specialists. Frank Hurtte has captured how the specialist has become one of the most important distributor tools to link manufacturers, marketing, support, sales, and clients."
- — Vicente Perez, Owner, LASSO
Write a review »
Still today, distribution is broken into two distinct groups when it comes to the role of specialist—believers and the rest. The believers employ specialists in their business because they believe specialists contribute to their profitability. The disbelievers suspect the specialist’s value, question results a specialist can bring to an organization, or have yet to consider the addition of this new member to their team. Whether you’re an ardent believer or a steadfast skeptic—this book is for you.
About the Author
Frank E. Hurtteinfo page
Frank is the Founding Partner of River Heights Consulting. With his 28 years of distribution experience, he brings a wealth of real-world solutions to the difficult problems facing distributors. Frank serves as a consultant, speaker, and executive coach to distributors and their supply partners.
Why NAW Institute Publications Are Different
NAW Institute for Distribution Excellence conducts research into strategic management issues affecting the wholesale distribution industry. Our research is conducted with best practice wholesaler-distributors, and we publish leading-edge research studies with practical application for wholesale distribution firms of all sizes and across all lines of trade.
Order Softcover Books or E-Books!
- Getting the Most Out of CRM: Best Practices for Wholesaler-Distributors Find out more »
- 5 Fundamentals for the Wholesale Distribution Branch Manager, Second Edition Find out more »
- Effective Sales Incentive Design for Distributors: What’s the Right Plan? Find out more »
- In Search of the Perfect Customer: Cost-to-Serve for Distributors Find out more »
- Taking Charge of Distribution Sales: 9 Proven Skills to Lead and Manage Your Sales Team Find out more »
- Facing the Forces of Change®: Decisive Actions for an Uncertain Economy Find out more »