Growth is imperative. Distributors that are not growing are essentially dying in slow motion. Achieving top-line growth is becoming increasingly difficult given today’s economic challenges and customer demands. That is why the path to achieving and sustaining profitable growth needs a systematic and dynamic approach.
Driving Profitable Growth: A Distributor’s Playbook to Generate–Manage–Sustain Competitive Advantage is the first research study in wholesale distribution to examine both public and private firms and uncover a roadmap that addresses the three dimensions—generating, managing, and sustaining—of profitable growth. At last, distributors have a growth playbook that is based on research and analytics instead of anecdotal information!
The research combines rigorous analytics that were collected from a decade of financial data with input from wholesaler-distributors from multiple lines of trade. It reflects the current environment and determines the roadmap to the future. This study speaks to the growth planning and execution issues all distributors face in leading and growing their organizations. There is no more important time than right now for distribution management teams to read this study!
Driving Profitable Growth is filled to the brim with
* 95 best practices on growth from actual distributors that are easy to understand and visually depicted on the accompanying wall map
* 40 ready-to-implement action steps
* 60 real-world distributor examples from across the industry!
The two four-color wall maps, which accompany the research study, present a comprehensive collection of four growth frameworks—each vividly presenting the findings in a systematic and easy-to-digest manner:
* Framework 1 focuses on introducing the three key dimensions of growth—generating, managing, and sustaining.
* Framework 2 lists a collection of nine growth strategies and their drivers—leverage, penetrate, broaden, add, reach out, expand, build, innovate, and diversify.
* Framework 3 outlines a list of best practices required to achieve profitability and cash flow while aggressively growing the business.
* Framework 4 presents the set of growth blind spots to avoid in your journey to value creation.