Job Title: Office Coordinator & Receptionist
Reports To: Vice President of Operations
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Organization & Job Summary
The National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors (NAW), the Washington, DC-based trade association representing the 30,000 company, $6 trillion revenue distribution industry, is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented, and collaborative Office Coordinator & Receptionist to join the team.
The Office Coordinator & Receptionist will provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks.
Essential Job Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, each essential job responsibility must be performed satisfactorily. Other responsibilities may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate staff member/handles messages
- Greets and directs all visitors
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Assists in ordering, receiving, stocking, and distributing office and kitchen supplies
- Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing, collating, and outgoing mailings
- Coordinate catering/set up for inhouse meetings and events
- Contacts NAW members about upcoming events and opportunities
- Helps to maintain NAW’s database
Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job as well as the education and experience requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge of administrative and clerical duties
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to follow schedules and prioritize to meet deadlines and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills, exhibits a positive attitude and a professional demeanor
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with creativity and flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience, required
- 2-3 years of office and/or clerical experience, required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; required
- Working knowledge of SalesForce, desirable
- Association experience, desirable
Work Environment: The position is located at our headquarters in Washington, D.C., near Metro Center. Currently, we are operating a hybrid work model, where employees are in the office Tuesday-Thursday, which is a standard office environment and are given an option to work remotely most Mondays and Fridays. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
To Apply: Send your resume to NAWJobs@NAW.org