Organization & Job Summary
The National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors (NAW), the Washington, DC-based trade association representing the $8 trillion revenue distribution industry, is seeking a Manager of Education to manage educational programming and resources designed to advance the knowledge and skills of NAW members and rising leaders.
NAW is an established trade association that has begun an exciting new phase of growth, expanding education, innovation, and collaboration in the world of distribution. We are building a dynamic education team to grow and manage learning, development, and advancement opportunities within the industry.
The ideal candidate is ready to tackle new challenges, highly detail-oriented, thrives in a collaborative work environment, and is comfortable interfacing with high profile business executives.
Essential Job Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, each essential job responsibility must be performed satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities. Other responsibilities may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Manage Educational Programs: Plan, organize, and manage educational offerings, including workshops, seminars, and webinars, tailored to the needs of rising leaders and executives in the distribution industry.
- Collaborate with Higher Education Institutions: Manage programming with universities and colleges for joint educational initiatives and programs.
- Curate Content and Resources: Coordinate relevant educational content and resources that align with the professional development needs of members.
- Evaluate and Enhance Program Effectiveness: Regularly assess the impact of educational programs and make data-driven improvements to ensure they meet the evolving needs of members.
- Coordinate with Internal Teams: Work closely with other departments within NAW to integrate educational initiatives with broader organizational strategies and goals.
- Oversee the budget for educational programs, ensuring effective allocation and utilization of resources.
- Represent NAW at Educational Events: Occasionally attend and represent NAW at various educational events and conferences, both locally and nationally.
Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job as well as the education and experience requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Program Management Skills: Ability to plan, execute, and manage educational programs effectively.
- Excellent Communication Skills: Proficient in both written and oral communication for diverse audiences.
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to think strategically regarding educational initiatives that align with organizational goals.
- Collaborative and Team-Oriented: Skilled in working collaboratively with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Adaptability and Flexibility: Capable of adapting to changing industry trends and member needs.
- Initiative: Demonstrates leadership and a high degree of personal initiative in driving educational programs.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Required, preferably in Education, Business, or a related field.
- Experience in Educational Program Management: 2-3 years of experience in managing educational programs, partnership development, or related areas.
- Industry Knowledge: Familiarity with the wholesale distribution industry is desirable.
- Interest in Professional Development: A strong interest in advancing the learning and development of professionals in the distribution industry.
- Travel Requirements: Ability to travel occasionally for industry events and educational conferences.
- Technical Proficiency: Working knowledge of educational technology platforms and CRM systems, such as Salesforce, is desirable.
The position is based at NAW’s headquarters office in Washington, DC, near Metro Center. NAW is currently offering a hybrid work model. Employees are required to be in the office Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and upon request for mandatory meetings or events. Employees are provided the opportunity to work remotely on Monday and Friday. The hybrid work model is subject to change. NAW’s DC HQ office provides a standard office environment.
Travel: up to 10%
To apply: send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org