Job Title: Director of Membership Programs
Reports To: Vice President of Member Programs
Department: Thought Leadership
The National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors (NAW), the leading trade association for wholesaler-distributors, is seeking an innovative, energetic person with a successful track record of running association-type programs and events focused on networking and thought leadership.
The Director of Membership Programs position in collaboration with the NAW senior management team and staff, will develop and will expand meaningful engagement opportunities for C-suite members among NAW’s billion-dollar company and large company communities. Reporting to the VP of Member Programs, the Director of Membership Services is responsible for designing and executing a number of programs for NAW members, including our Roundtables, Peer Exchanges, Distributor Engagement Networks (DENs), and various working groups.
Essential Job Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, each essential job responsibility must be performed satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities. Other responsibilities may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Manage each of the assigned programs (Roundtables, Peer Exchanges, DENs, Working Groups) to ensure each event/initiative delivers high quality content, makes an impact for members, and upholds the highest standards in member service.
- Manage frequent interaction with leading CEOs and C-suite executives of large corporations and businesses. Engage with members to understand their priorities with the aim of building the agenda/content they are most interested in, facilitate connections and networking among the organized groups, and drive attendance at related in person as well as virtual meetings and events.
- Work with thought leaders, consultants, academics, business leaders, etc. to facilitate speakers, research, and other content for all meetings and events.
- Collaborate with the NAW team to develop impactful marketing, meeting planning, membership engagement, and other elements vital to successfully implementing these programs.
- Assist with other projects assigned.
Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job as well as the education and experience requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality control
- Ability to manage multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously and independently
- Excellent customer service skills, a focused listener, problem solver
- Ability to be diplomatic, resourceful, and persuasive
- Ability to anticipate challenges and effectively resolve conflict by identifying opportunities
- Ability to work with creativity and flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to create new processes and demonstrate sound judgment
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and work experience, required
- 5+ years of association, networking, or member engagement experience, required
Other Desired Experience and Requirements:
- Experience interacting with corporate C-Suite executives on a frequent basis
- Understanding of distribution industry, supply chain businesses/business models
- Experience moving ideas from a planning committee concept to top-notch programming
- Experience with Associations
- A working knowledge of WordPress, Pardot, Salesforce
The position is located at our headquarters in Washington, D.C., near Metro Center.
Travel: up to 20%
To Apply: Send your resume to NAWJobs@NAW.org