The Director of Sales & Strategic Partnerships for NAW will be responsible for helping to grow NAW’s community of members, partners, and sponsors by developing prospect lists, and planning and executing direct engagement tactics that drive enterprise revenue.
The National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors (NAW), the national trade association representing the 30,000 company, $7+ Trillion revenue distribution industry, is seeking an experienced, innovative, and motivated sales professional to join the Corporate Relations team as a Director of Sales & Strategic Partnerships. This sales position will help drive NAW’s long term membership growth strategy, specifically targeting and recruiting best-in-class consultants, technologists, and solutions-providers for new membership sales and partnership opportunities.
Essential Job Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, each essential job responsibility must be performed satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities. Other responsibilities may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Prospecting: Manage and grow a list of prospective members in an assigned membership segment, research the companies, find points of contact if needed, and develop a strategy for successfully bringing the company into the membership through direct engagement.
- Sales Meetings: Set, attend, and lead meetings with CEOs and C-Suite executives, handling the preparation and approach for each meeting. In person and virtual meetings will be a core part of the job. Expect regular travel (U.S. only – no international travel).
- Closing the Sale: Manage the follow up to each sales meeting, helping to integrate prospects into NAW’s membership community, answering final questions, and other activities designed to close the sale.
- Building Business Intelligence: Operate in a mode of constant, iterative improvement. Develop strategies and processes for the NAW enterprise to capture business intelligence, analyze that information, and put it to use to regularly enhance membership growth strategy and tactics.
- Engaging Members: Promote a member-focused culture and support the member engagement team by leveraging relationships developed during the sales process to enhance member value.
Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job as well as the education and experience requirements.
- 5+ years of sales experience; experience selling value-added services or memberships is a plus
- Understanding of or direct experience working for a trade or membership association
- Bachelor’s degree; concentration in sales or marketing operations is a plus
- Knowledge of the distribution industry is a plus
- Experience in selling intangible products like government relations/lobbying a plus
- Experience using CRM tools; Salesforce and Pardot experience a plus.
- The ideal candidate must possess strong written and oral communication skills enabling them to articulate and demonstrate the unique value proposition that NAW provides to distributionindustry leaders. The position requires frequent interaction with senior level executives.
Travel: Up to 30%
To Apply: Send your resume to NAWJobs@NAW.org
NAW is an Equal Opportunity Employer