Job Title: Director of Corporate Relations
Manager Title: Chief Corporate Relations Officer
Department: Corporate Relations
The Director of Corporate Relations for NAW will be responsible for helping to grow the membership of
NAW by developing a list of prospective members and then planning and executing a strategy to bring
new companies into the membership.
The National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors (NAW), the national trade association representing the 30,000 company, $6 Trillion revenue distribution industry, is seeking an experienced, innovative, and motivated sales professional to join the Corporate Relations team as a Director of Corporate Relations. This sales position and will help drive NAW’s long term membership growth strategy, specifically targeting and recruiting CEO-level executives for new membership sales.
Essential Job Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, each essential job responsibility must be performed satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities. Other responsibilities may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Prospecting: Manage and grow a list of prospective members in an assigned membership segment, research the companies, find points of contact if needed, and develop a strategy for successfully bringing the company into the membership.
- Sales Meetings: Set up and attend meetings with CEOs and C-Suite distribution executives, handling the preparation and approach for each meeting. In person and virtual meetings will be a core part of the job. Expect regular travel (U.S. only – no international travel).
- Closing the Sale: Manage the follow up to each sales meeting, helping to integrate prospects into NAW programing, answering final questions, introducing them to members, and other activities designed to close the sale.
- Building Business Intelligence: Operate in a mode of constant, iterative improvement. Develop strategies and processes for the NAW enterprise to capture business intelligence, analyze that information, and put it to use to regularly enhance membership growth strategy and tactics.
- Engaging Members: Promote a member-focused culture and continue relationship-building in
Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or
abilities required to successfully perform the job as well as the education and experience requirements.
- 3-5 years of sales experience, experience selling value-added services or memberships is a plus
- Understanding of or direct experience working for a trade or membership association
- Bachelor’s degree – concentration in marketing or sales operations is a plus
- Knowledge of the distribution industry is a plus
- Experience in selling intangible products like government relations/lobbying a plus
- Familiarity with basic digital marketing tools and data analytics
- The ideal candidate must possess strong written and oral communication skills enabling them
to articulate and demonstrate the unique value proposition that NAW provides to distribution
industry leaders. The position requires frequent interaction with senior level executives.
Travel: Up to 50%
To Apply: Send your resume to NAWJobs@NAW.org