The National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors (NAW), the Washington, DC-based trade association representing the 30,000 company, $6 trillion revenue distribution industry, is seeking an individual to join our Public Affairs team as Digital Director. This hire in the newly-formed Public Affairs department will be integral in helping NAW achieve its communications, digital, and marketing goals. From overseeing NAW’s website and social channels to helping develop marketing strategies, tools, and assets, NAW’s Digital Director will work closely with all departments to expand NAW’s reach.
Essential Job Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, each essential job responsibility must be performed satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities. Other responsibilities may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Serve as integral part of public affairs department, helping develop and implement communications and branding strategy
- Manage and execute enterprise email marketing campaigns, including public relations campaigns, new and current membership communications, government relations updates, webinar and member programs offerings, and other external communications
- Manage and regularly update NAW social media platforms to enhance brand, new member prospecting and program promotion activities.
- Maintain NAW.org, ensuring timely updates and coordinating with departments to maintain up-to-date information
Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job as well as the education and experience requirements.
- 3+ years of experience in communications field on Capitol Hill, at a firm, or in political and/or policy space
- Expertise in digital communication and marketing
- Graphic design experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills; the position requires regular interaction with senior executives.
NAW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply: Please send your resume, along with the title of the role you are applying for to NAWJobs@NAW.org