BiographyMark Joslin is the Vice-President and CFO of Pool Corporation, the international, market leading wholesale distributor of pool, irrigation and other outdoor lifestyle products. POOL is approximately $2B in revenues, operates in eight countries, and in December 2005 was ranked the fourth best performing company in the Fortune 1000 over the previous 10 years.
• Downturn Management - During financial, capital market and industry downturns (2007-2009), drove company focus on cost reduction and working capital/cashflow improvements, resulting in $70M (18%) SG&A reductions and successive years of record cashflow and debt reduction.
• Capital Markets - Developed strong bank group and negotiated new revolving debt agreement ($240M - 2004, 2007), term loan ($60M - 2004), private placement ($100M - 2006) and asset-backed ($150M) loan agreements with highly attractive terms.
• M&A - Managed various aspects of M&A processes for several acquisitions, including platform expansion into irrigation and landscape distribution through Horizon ($180M revenue) and Wickham ($50M revenue) acquisitions.
• Analyst Coverage - Courted new analyst coverage to improve quality and breadth, resulting in initiations by JPMorgan (Dec 2005); Piper Jaffrey (May 2006), Lehman (Nov 2006), Wedbush (Nov 2006) and Baird (May 2007).
• SOX - Managed implementation and ongoing SOX compliance with no material weaknesses or significant deficiencies.
• Organizational Development - Made several organizational changes resulting in improved capabilities, stronger focus and execution and better positioning for future growth. Initiated companywide Wellness program and strengthened training and management development programs.
From August 1999 to July 2004 he worked for Eastman Chemical Company, where he served as Vice President of Corporate Development and as Vice President and Corporate Controller. Prior to joining Eastman, Mr. Joslin was the Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer and Secretary of Lawter International, which was acquired by Eastman in 1999.
Mr. Joslin is a CPA and received his Masters in Management from Northwestern University and his B.S. in Accounting from the University of Illinois.