BiographyPaul Kanneman is the National Business Advisory Services Leader. Paul is responsible for the oversight and delivery of all internal audit, corporate governance, internal controls, and technology related audit, review and advisory services performed on behalf of our clients. He has over 25 years of experience in management consulting, technology, and governance advisory services. He has worked with financial institutions ranging from small community banks to global financial services companies; insurance companies ranging from small, regional Independent Marketing Organizations to large transnational carriers; and mortgage lending institutions ranging from the nation’s second largest lender to small, local-based sub-prime lenders. Paul has served on the following banking engagements:
• Two east coast regional banks – He combined their data processing, proof-of-deposit, and back office operations as part of a merger transaction.
• Three national banks, located in the Pacific Rim – Paul developed and implemented a combined disaster recovery and business continuity operations center.
• One of the nation’s leading mortgage lending companies – He designed, developed, and implemented an integrated loan processing, delinquency management, and real-estate-owned management system.
• A southwest regional Federal Home Loan Bank – Paul documented and tested its internal controls over financial reporting.
• A southwest regional retail bank – He implemented a comprehensive, integrated program for documenting, testing and reporting internal controls over financial reporting for both Sarbanes-Oxley and FDICIA reporting purposes. He also documented and tested its entity-wide and application specific Information Technology control and assessed its technology security programs.
• A regional bank – Paul upgraded its G-L-B compliance and reporting program
Prior to his commercial career, Paul served as an intelligence officer for seven years, specializing in the area of cryptology, and electronic security.
Paul received a Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, from the University of Toledo.