NAW is Hiring: Senior Marketing & Communications Manager
The National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors (NAW), the Washington, DC-based trade association representing the 30,000 company, $7.4 trillion revenue distribution industry, is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented, and collaborative Senior Marketing & Communications Manager (SMCM) to join the team.
The Senior Marketing & Communications Manager will play a key role at NAW, reporting directly to the Chief Communications Officer. Below is an outline of many of the duties this position will be asked to perform. NAW is a nimble and flexible organization, so these responsibilities may be adjusted as different priorities and needs arise.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Member Communication: Working across the organization to help implement a member communications strategy for NAW. The SMCM will be charged with writing promotional copy, working across different departments to help develop and execute content and content marketing strategies to promote NAW products, people and services to members and prospective members. The goal of this position is to make sure that NAW members know what’s going on, and have the information they need to run their businesses, and how best to engage with NAW.
- Marketing: Coordinate an enterprise approach among each NAW function to enhance the effectiveness of the marketing we direct toward our members, potential new members and other external stakeholders for our products, partnerships, events, and other opportunities we provide the industry. This includes email and digital marketing.
- Events: For major NAW member events, assist with the branding and messaging elements.
- NAW Brand: Assist in executing NAW’s brand strategy, aimed at positioning NAW as a forward-looking organization representing a vital American industry.
- Industry Brand: Help in the creation and implementation of an industry brand strategy, aimed at raising the profile of the Wholesaler-Distribution industry, helping political leaders understand the importance of the industry to the American economy.
- Corporate Responsibility: Support projects NAW engages on with key philanthropic partners.
Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job as well as the education and experience requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage and execute enterprise email marketing campaigns for new and current membership communications, member programs offerings and other external communications
- Ability to leverage digital platforms in a sustained way to communicate with key stakeholders and expand NAW’s digital footprint
- Experience with analytics to measure the success of digital marketing campaigns.
- Ability to translate complex topics and issues into compelling messaging
- Strong written and oral communication skills; the position requires regular interaction with senior executives.
- Strong knowledge of the media landscape and political savviness
- Strong presentation skills
Education and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent education/work experience, required
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in politics, government, or trade association, required
- Successful candidates will have served in roles similar to deputy press secretaries, communications associates, or public affairs specialists
Other Experience and Requirements:
- Experience developing and communicating persuasive messages for members through collaboration with internal team members/departments
- Experience helping with press opportunities for the CEO and other senior staff members aimed at amplifying an organization’s brand
- Experience executing public affairs/advocacy campaigns
- Graphic design experience, desirable
Work Environment: The position is located at our headquarters in Washington, D.C., near Metro Center. Currently, we are operating a hybrid work model, where employees are in the office Tuesday-Thursday, which is a standard office environment and are given an option to work remotely most Mondays and Fridays.
Travel: up to 10%
To Apply: Send your resume to NAWJobs@NAW.org