Essentials of Profitable Inside Sales in Distribution©
- *Quantity discounts:
- 2-15 items: 15%
- 16-30 items: 20%
- 31-100 items: 30%
- 101-250 items: 40%
- 251+ items: 50%
Make this your #1 training tool for your inside sales staff! Every chapter includes a comprehensive quiz, and there’s a thorough glossary of distribution terms and a detailed index in the back of this 240-page workbook.
If you’re like many distributors, your inside sales reps are core components of your business. In fact, very often, they are the first point of contact with your customers. In this tough economy, your inside sales reps are taking on greater responsibility for your company’s profitability and are assuming many of the duties that were formerly performed by your outside sales reps. If you want your inside sales reps to provide superior service that enhances your company’s competitive position and drives profits to sustainable higher levels, then this workbook by Jim Olsztynski provides the essential tools to raise their performance levels.
Read Extended Description »
What Readers Have to Say
- "I am extremely impressed with the content of the Essentials of Profitable Inside Sales in Distribution© workbook. I think it’s a valuable tool for both our new and recently promoted Inside Sales associates."
- — Bob Zambruski, Learning Manager, HD Supply - Electrical
- "Essentials of Profitable Inside Sales in Distribution© contains excellent material that we can implement right away at our company. I will buy the next Essentials publication and implement it in the same way."
- — Frank Slagle, President, The Tool Crib, Inc.
- "Essentials of Profitable Inside Sales in Distribution© touches on the fundamental aspects of distribution. Although the title states inside sales, I believe that every person in any department can benefit from the information that is provided. This book is very well outlined and gives the reader a strong understanding of basic customer service, sales, costing, and purchasing in a very easy to read format. I strongly recommend this book to anyone who wishes to learn the basic principles of wholesale distribution and customer retention."
- — Navin Bharwani, Customer Service Manager, Tenaquip Limited
Using a spiral-bound workbook format with end-of-chapter review quizzes and a glossary of common wholesale distribution terms, Essentials of Profitable Inside Sales in Distribution provides a detailed and clear description of the requirements for the modern inside sales rep in 12 easy-to-read chapters:
- The role of the modern sales rep
- Customer service
- Working with problem customers
- Factors that make sales profitable
- How to increase the profit on sales
- Pricing tactics
- Perceived value and price sensitivity
- Basic selling skills
- Communication as a key to selling
- Prospecting for new customers
- Time management
- Becoming a first-rate sales professional
Wholesale distribution is a fascinating industry that remains very competitive. Running a successful company requires cooperative efforts from knowledgeable and motivated employees. As critical members of your team, make sure that every inside sales rep reads Essentials of Profitable Inside Sales in Distribution. When they put into immediate practice the book's tools, training, and systems, they will make your company profitable and successful in today's competitive marketplace.
About the Author
Jim Olsztynskiinfo page
Jim has been covering the industry as a trade journalist since 1977. He has written hundreds of major feature articles and more than 1,000 news stories and commentaries about industry affairs.
Why NAW Institute Publications Are Different
NAW Institute for Distribution Excellence conducts research into strategic management issues affecting the wholesale distribution industry. Our research is conducted with best practice wholesaler-distributors, and we publish leading-edge research studies with practical application for wholesale distribution firms of all sizes and across all lines of trade.
Order Softcover Books or E-Books!
- Mergers and Acquisitions for Distributors: Expert Advice for Buyers and SellersFind out more »
- Driving Profitable Growth: A Distributor's Playbook to Generate–Manage–Sustain Competitive AdvantageFind out more »
- Pricing Optimization: Striking the Right Balance for Margin AdvantageFind out more »
- Sales and Marketing Optimization: Developing Competitive Value Propositions in DistributionFind out more »
- Customer Stratification: Best Practices for Boosting ProfitabilityFind out more »