NAW Online Course: Introduction to Distribution
VISIT OUR ONLINE CAMPUS
NAW’s distribution online courses include:
- Introduction to Distribution
- Principles of Distribution Sales
- Quality Processes in Distribution
- Manufacturer–Distributor Relationships
Review the Free Demo module.
With the high price of travel, economic constraints, and no time to get away, it is no wonder that distributors are looking for lower-cost alternatives to provide professional development for their employees. This introductory online course provides a great overview of the supply chain and is designed to bring new employees up to speed with the distributor’s role in moving products from manufacturer to end user.
Register for this online course.
Read Extended Description »
The NAW Online Campus hosts four online courses designed to engage and inform the entry-level distribution employee or an experienced employee looking for a refresher. Each course presents an overview of the topic, along with case studies and industry examples, through an interactive online framework.
This introductory online course provides a great overview of the supply chain and is designed to bring new employees up to speed with the distributor’s role in moving products from manufacturer to end user.
This course is divided into four modules that each can be completed in 30 minutes or less:
- Module 1: Introduction to Distribution
- Module 2: From Factory to Warehouse
- Module 3: Inside the Distributor
- Module 4: Distribution Sales and Service
The NAW Online Campus keeps track of your progress so that you may exit the course at any time and resume right where you left off. You can complete the course on your schedule—the campus is available online 24/7 from your home, office, or on the road.
Introduction to Distribution provides opportunities for you to engage with the content—learn definitions, build the steps in a process, learn from video interactions, review scenarios, and answer questions. The courses offer a combination of text, graphics, animations, and interactions presented in an engaging and professional way.
The best way to see if the distribution online courses are right for you is to review the Free Demo module. This module provides a sample of the content you will see in the courses, as well as a chance to experience training through the NAW Online Campus firsthand.
Developed by Industry Experts
Developed in partnership with the Texas A&M Industrial Distribution Program and the Knowledge Engineering Center, these interactive online courses provide professional development specifically tailored for employees who often miss out on learning opportunities beyond on-the-job training. Combining university-level subject matter expertise and curriculum with sound online instructional design, our team of experts has developed relevant courses with modern industry examples and current research.
Why NAW Institute Publications Are Different
NAW Institute for Distribution Excellence conducts research into strategic management issues affecting the wholesale distribution industry. Our research is conducted with best practice wholesaler-distributors, and we publish leading-edge research studies with practical application for wholesale distribution firms of all sizes and across all lines of trade.
Order Softcover Books or E-Books!
- Mergers and Acquisitions for Distributors: Expert Advice for Buyers and SellersFind out more »
- Driving Profitable Growth: A Distributor's Playbook to Generate–Manage–Sustain Competitive AdvantageFind out more »
- Pricing Optimization: Striking the Right Balance for Margin AdvantageFind out more »
- Sales and Marketing Optimization: Developing Competitive Value Propositions in DistributionFind out more »
- Customer Stratification: Best Practices for Boosting ProfitabilityFind out more »