NAW is Hiring: Manager of Meetings and Events
Job Title: Manager of Meetings & Events
Reports To: Chief Thought Leadership Officer
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Organization & Job Summary
The National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors (NAW), the Washington, DC-based trade association representing the 30,000 company, $6 trillion revenue distribution industry, is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented, and collaborative Manager of Meetings & Events to join the team.
This position will work closely with every department to create, develop and implement a variety of external and internal meetings and conferences for NAW. The role develops and cultivates vendor relationship as well as manages all administrative/operational aspects of meetings and events.
Essential Job Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, each essential job responsibility must be performed satisfactorily. Other responsibilities may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Plan and manage in-house meetings and ongoing outside events to include Staff, Board and Committee Meetings, Webinars, Annual Conference, Roundtables, etc.
- Cultivate and maintain vendor relationships and negotiate contracts
- Provide on-site management and/or assistance at external meetings and events
- Collaborate with NAW staff from each department to help plan their respective meetings and events.
- Plan and execute all event details including meeting space, social events and ancillary events
- Oversee registration and maintain full attendance records for each session and event
- Create reliable financial reports and collect payments on time and schedule. Maintain budget goals
- Address issues and challenges as they arise. Plan for potential scenarios that could impact the event
- Maintain a working knowledge of the complex needs of multiple simultaneous events
Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job as well as the education and experience requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the Washington, DC and national marketplace regarding venues and outside event planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to include maintaining strong relationships with members and staff
- Strong attention to detail and quality control
- Ability to coordinate multiple steps and tasks related to an event, strong multi-tasking focus with ability to handle quickly changing priorities
- Ability to work with creativity and flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills and planning tools
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education/work experience, required
- 3-5 years working as a meeting and events planner, with responsibility for in-person and virtual events, required
- CMP (Certified Meeting Professional) desirable
- Experience working on political or policy related events or activities, desirable OR Association experience, desirable
- Salesforce experience desirable
Work Environment: The position is located at our headquarters in Washington, D.C., near Metro Center. Currently, we are operating a hybrid work model, where employees are in the office Tuesday-Thursday, which is a standard office environment and are given an option to work remotely most Mondays and Fridays.
Travel: up to 20%
To Apply: Send your resume to NAWJobs@NAW.org