NAW is Hiring: Government Relations and PAC Manager
Job Title: Government Relations and PAC Manager
Manager Title: Chief Government Relations Officer
Departments: Government Relations
The National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors (NAW), the Washington, DC-based trade association representing the 30,000 company, $6 trillion revenue distribution industry, is seeking an individual to join our Government Relations (GR) team as Manager of Government Relations. NAW has an active Government Relations department that advocates for our member companies before Congress and the regulatory agencies on a broad range of issues that impact business in general and the wholesale distribution industry specifically. We also have a Political Action Committee which raises funds for the PAC and for Federal candidates, and a Political Education Fund through which we endorse pro-business candidates and encourage voting among our member company executives. We are looking for an individual who can handle a variety of responsibilities, is interested in learning about our issues and industry, and can easily multi-task – a versatile utility infielder.
Essential Job Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, each essential job responsibility must be performed satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities. Other responsibilities may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Track primaries and elections for our election tools efforts, review candidates and platforms to determine which candidates to endorse, track and record votes for Key Vote determinations
- Assist with PAC fundraising, especially at the lower-dollar donor level
- Draft and send letters and comments to the Hill and the Administration
- Circulate sign-on letters for coalition efforts and track responses
- Coordinate and schedule Capitol Hill meetings
- Attend Hill hearings, briefings, and off-campus events
- Prepare briefing documents and talking points on policy issues for Hill meetings
- Participate and assist in Hill meetings, coalition meetings and PAC events
- Maintain and update Congressional contacts for key Hill offices and committees
- Coordinate with the Public Affairs department
- Assist with other projects assigned
Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job as well as the education and experience requirements.
- 2-5 years of Capitol Hill, political campaign, or applicable experience required.
- Experience working in or with trade associations, preferred.
- While no specific issue expertise is required, we are looking for someone eager to develop the expertise to take advantage of new opportunities for growth and promotion in the association.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; the position requires regular interaction with senior executives.
- Knowledge of the distribution industry is a plus.
Up to 10% Travel Requirement; Opportunities for advancement.
NAW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply: Please send your resume, along with the title of the role you are applying for to NAWJobs@NAW.org