NAW is Hiring: Executive Assistant & Corporate Relations Specialist
Job Title: Executive Assistant & Corporate Relations Specialist
Manager Title: Chief Executive Officer
Departments: Executive & Corporate Relations
The National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors (NAW), the Washington, DC-based trade association representing the 30,000 company, $6 trillion revenue distribution industry, is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented, and collaborative Executive Assistant & Corporate Relations Specialist to join the team. NAW’s Executive Assistant & Corporate Relations Specialist will own two distinct areas of responsibility. The first is to provide executive management support to NAW’s CEO. The second complimentary role is to help grow and retain NAW membership by collecting, curating, and presenting business intelligence to support prospect and member company engagement. The role reports directly to the CEO, with an indirect reporting line to the Chief Revenue Officer. This executive assistant and sales support position will optimize efficiency for NAW’s CEO and will help drive NAW’s aggressive membership growth strategy by providing the direct sales team with the business intelligence support they need to effectively sell NAW’s value proposition to distribution industry companies.
Essential Job Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, each essential job responsibility must be performed satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities. Other responsibilities may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Supporting the CEO: Work with the CEO to effectively manage his time by handling all scheduling, travel, and expense related duties. Organize and help manage daily tasks, communicate with staff and stakeholders on behalf of the CEO, and strive to always optimize the operations related to the CEO to maximize efficiency.
- Building Business Intelligence: Conduct qualitative and quantitative research on prospect and member companies, and curate information using data management tools. Collect and organize information gathered from prospect and member engagement and onboarding activities across the enterprise.
- Utilizing Information Technology: Use association management software, SalesForce, Pardot, Microsoft Excel, and other information management tools to enter and extract gathered intelligence.
- Supporting the Membership Sales Process: Present company research in the form of briefing documents to prepare the direct sales team for prospect and member company engagement and other support.
- Reporting on Key Performance Indicators: Prepare regular reports on new member acquisition, current member renewals, and other key performance indicators. Collaborate with sales team to analyze reports and other data to refine the sales process and improve outcomes.
- Operating with a Continuous Improvement Model: Operate in a mode of constant, iterative improvement. Offer ideas and suggestions for process improvements that create operating efficiencies and improve the quality of the work performed by the Corporate Relations team.
Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job as well as the education and experience requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree; concentration in sales, marketing, or data analytics preferred.
- Minimum of three years of executive assistant, sales support and/or data management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; proficiency in SalesForce, NetForum, and/or Pardot a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; the position requires regular interaction with senior executives.
- Knowledge of the distribution industry is a plus.
Up to 10% Travel Requirement; Opportunities for advancement; NAW is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply: Please send your resume, along with the title of the role you are applying for to NAWJobs@NAW.org