Objective-Based Selling™ in Wholesale Distribution: Four Keys to Selling More at Higher Gross Margins
Gary T. Moore
- *Quantity discounts:
- 2-15 items: 15%
- 16-30 items: 20%
- 31-100 items: 30%
- 101-250 items: 40%
- 251+ items: 50%
Click here and take less than 2 minutes to hear directly from Author Gary Moore about why you need this book.
With more than 100 open-ended questions ready to use, this book will teach your salespeople how to sell more at higher gross margins!
This book focuses on business-to-business selling in the distribution industry. As a resource in the hands of every salesperson, it
- defines the functions distribution salespeople perform for customers
- describes the environment in which distribution salespeople operate
- introduces a sales model for performing effectively in this environment
- gives specific skills, techniques, and tools to excel
- provides a memory tool as a daily reminder.
Read Extended Description »
What Readers Have to Say
- "Objective-Based Selling continues to be the most effective formal sales education I have ever received."
- — George Sefer, Vice President of Sales, Atlas Toyota Material Handling
Write a review »
By focusing on the customer, this model helps a salesperson uncover a customer’s business and personal objectives and show that customer how best to achieve those objectives by acting on the salesperson’s customer-focused proposal.
The four keys to Objective-Based Selling include:
- Use open-ended questions: This book teaches more than 100 specific, open-ended questions to use to encourage customers to tell you how to sell them!
- Develop personal, professional relationships: People buy from people they like, believe, understand, and trust; be that person!
- Create customer-focused proposals: Write proposals that sell when you can’t be there!
- Refer to the Objective-Based Selling model: Use the model as a playbook for your sales strategies and tactics!
Use this book to teach your salespeople these four keys for maximum success and to lead them to selling more at higher gross margins!
About the Author
Gary T. Mooreinfo page
Gary is a veteran of sales, sales management, and marketing in the wholesale distribution industry. He developed the distribution-specific Objective-Based Selling™ model. Gary is a frequent author, speaker, and trainer for the wholesale distribution industry for more than 25 years.
Why NAW Institute Publications Are Different
NAW Institute for Distribution Excellence conducts research into strategic management issues affecting the wholesale distribution industry. Our research is conducted with best practice wholesaler-distributors, and we publish leading-edge research studies with practical application for wholesale distribution firms of all sizes and across all lines of trade.
Order Softcover Books or E-Books!
- 5 Fundamentals for the Wholesale Distribution Branch Manager, Second Edition Find out more »
- Effective Sales Incentive Design for Distributors: What’s the Right Plan? Find out more »
- Facing the Forces of Change®: Decisive Actions for an Uncertain Economy Find out more »
- In Search of the Perfect Customer: Cost-to-Serve for Distributors Find out more »
- Taking Charge of Distribution Sales: 9 Proven Skills to Lead and Manage Your Sales Team Find out more »