Lean Operations in Wholesale Distribution
Dr. Perry Daneshgari, Michelle Wilson
- *Quantity discounts:
- 2-15 items: 15%
- 16-30 items: 20%
- 31-100 items: 30%
- 101-250 items: 40%
- 251+ items: 50%
Click here and take about 2 minutes to hear directly from Author Dr. Perry Daneshgari about why you need this book.
In today’s still challenging economy, becoming lean in wholesale distribution is more important than ever. If you have recognized a gap between your operational performance and your strategic plan and are seeking solutions, you need to read this book.
- You’ll learn business principles and lean concepts that you can apply to your company right away.
- Your company will become more effective and more profitable, operating with minimal waste and few errors, and adding value to the products and services you provide.
- “Becoming lean” in the operations area means you and your team will continually improve the way you process orders and serve customers.
- You’ll learn how other distributors have used lean concepts to improve their businesses.
Read Extended Description »
What Readers Have to Say
- "The material in Lean Operations in Wholesale Distribution will provide us with the right spin on the lean concept for our environment. We have experienced manufacturing and quality staff who are looking for direction on a process to implement in the distribution climate. This book should be an excellent template for doing this."
- — Mike Horricks, Director of Supply Chain Management, Marks Supply Inc.
- "Overall, this is a critical subject if distributors are to lift their game in an evermore competitive world economy. Our company’s experience in the area of integrated supply would suggest that Dr. Daneshgari’s work will provide meaningful insights for all involved parties."
- — Mark W. Kramer, President and CEO, Laird Plastics
Write a review »
Does lean apply to the wholesale distribution industry? Absolutely yes! The wholesale distribution industry has always tried to be at the leading edge of technological innovation. However, technology, at best, will keep an industry at par with national averages. To excel and exceed national averages, the application of technology must be supplemented with innovation in processes—that is, with the application of business and lean principles.
Lean doesn’t happen by itself; it happens by design. This book discusses the steps wholesaler-distributors must take to design and manage a lean culture. Specifically, it deals with one lucrative area for distributors: Operations, which includes all aspects of the order processing system—from the time you seek an order, to order entry, and all the way through to delivery of products and services.
This book, with its 70 detailed exhibits, provides a solid foundation for understanding lean and offers a starting point for applying continuous process improvement throughout your firm—one area at a time. Lean is not a destination; it’s a journey. Use this book on your journey to reshaping your business landscape.
About the Authors
Dr. Perry Daneshgariinfo page
Perry is President of MCA, Inc., a firm that helps companies implement and execute improved processes, resulting in increased productivity and profitability.
Michelle Wilsoninfo page
Michelle is Director of Research at MCA, Inc., a firm that helps companies implement and execute improved processes, resulting in increased productivity and profitability.
Why NAW Institute Publications Are Different
NAW Institute for Distribution Excellence conducts research into strategic management issues affecting the wholesale distribution industry. Our research is conducted with best practice wholesaler-distributors, and we publish leading-edge research studies with practical application for wholesale distribution firms of all sizes and across all lines of trade.
Order Softcover Books or E-Books!
- 5 Fundamentals for the Wholesale Distribution Branch Manager, Second Edition Find out more »
- Effective Sales Incentive Design for Distributors: What’s the Right Plan? Find out more »
- Facing the Forces of Change®: Decisive Actions for an Uncertain Economy Find out more »
- In Search of the Perfect Customer: Cost-to-Serve for Distributors Find out more »
- Taking Charge of Distribution Sales: 9 Proven Skills to Lead and Manage Your Sales Team Find out more »