NEW! Facing the Forces of Change®: Reimagining Distribution in a Connected World
- *Quantity discounts:
- 2-15 items: 15%
- 16-30 items: 20%
- 31-100 items: 30%
- 101-250 items: 40%
- 251+ items: 50%
REPLAY: Register for FREE Post-Webcast Access to “Thriving in a Connected World” from March 5, 2014.
REPLAY: Register for FREE Post-Webcast Access to “Reimagining the Role of the Distributor” from September 25, 2013.
Facing the Forces of Change® is the only major research study analyzing the future of wholesale distribution within multiple lines of trade. Since its inception in 1982, the landmark Facing the Forces of Change® series continues to provide insights about the overall future of wholesale distribution and the role of wholesaler-distributors.
As this 10th edition—Facing the Forces of Change®: Reimagining Distribution in a Connected World—highlights, there is no shortage of “forces of change” that will impact distributors over the next 3 to 5 years and transform the industry. There is also no shortage of opportunities for distributors to embrace and leverage these forces.
Specifically, distributors must
- capitalize on opportunities in e-commerce, mobility, and social networking
- embrace the full potential of advanced analytics
- reimagine both their role in the value chain and the structure and functions that comprise their organization.
This report can help you take steps to plan, prepare, and execute strategies to capitalize on the forces of change. Read and reread this report. Discuss it with your top executives, managers, and other staff. Develop short-term and long-term strategies that anticipate the trends and ultimately drive business growth and customer value.
NEW THIS YEAR: A macroeconomic outlook from NAW Senior Economic Advisor Alan Beaulieu is included in Facing the Forces of Change®.
Get Alan’s quick economic snapshot on wholesale distribution every month by subscribing to NAW Advisor, a six-page economic report that arrives directly to your e-mail account. Read this sample issue.
Read Extended Description »
What Readers Have to Say
- "In my opinion, this 10th edition of Facing the Forces of Change is the best one so far. With insightful commentary and practical examples, it shows how technology is transforming our business environment and our customers’ expectations. Distribution leaders across all lines of trade can use this report as a framework for making strategic decisions that will have a long-term impact on their relevance to their customers and the success of their companies. I highly recommend it."
- — Kathy Mazzarella, Chairman, President, and CEO, Graybar Electric Co., Inc.
- "I expected to blast quickly through this latest Facing the Forces of Change report. However, the number of ideas crammed into every paragraph and reinforced with real-world distributor examples forced me to slow down and really think about what was being said and how it was potentially applicable to my business. That’s exciting, because today it is all too rare for business books to fire the imagination the way this one does."
- — Dan Blaylock, President, Adams-Burch Inc.
- A macroeconomic outlook from NAW Senior Economic Advisor Alan Beaulieu
- A straightforward presentation of the major trends
- In-depth management discussion questions
- Time-bucketed action ideas that executives and managers can implement in their companies right away
- Data from surveys and research focused on trends in wholesale distribution
- Insights from a broader range of industry leaders in six key functional areas: CEO, president, owner; operations; sales and marketing; finance; information technology; and human resources.
About the Author
Why NAW Institute Publications Are Different
NAW Institute for Distribution Excellence conducts research into strategic management issues affecting the wholesale distribution industry. Our research is conducted with best practice wholesaler-distributors, and we publish leading-edge research studies with practical application for wholesale distribution firms of all sizes and across all lines of trade.
Order Softcover Books or E-Books!
- Facing the Forces of Change®: Reimagining Distribution in a Connected World Find out more »
- Getting the Most Out of CRM: Best Practices for Wholesaler-Distributors Find out more »
- 5 Fundamentals for the Wholesale Distribution Branch Manager, Second Edition Find out more »
- Effective Sales Incentive Design for Distributors: What’s the Right Plan? Find out more »
- In Search of the Perfect Customer: Cost-to-Serve for Distributors Find out more »
- Taking Charge of Distribution Sales: 9 Proven Skills to Lead and Manage Your Sales Team Find out more »
- Facing the Forces of Change®: Decisive Actions for an Uncertain Economy Find out more »