5 Fundamentals for the Wholesale Distribution Branch Manager, Second Edition
- *Quantity discounts:
- 2-15 items: 15%
- 16-30 items: 20%
- 31-100 items: 30%
- 101-250 items: 40%
- 251+ items: 50%
Order your softcover books above.
Take a few minutes to hear directly from author Jim Ambrose about why you should buy this book.
SO MUCH DEMAND FOR THIS BOOK, WE'VE RELEASED A SECOND EDITION!
This 5 Fundamentals for the Wholesale Distribution Branch Manager, Second Edition is the classic step-by-step guide to helping branch managers improve their business and leadership skills. The branch manager is the key to success for every wholesaler-distributor according to author Jim Ambrose. “If winning means profitable market share and profitable market share growth, then developing the branch manager is essential to a company’s success,” he says.
Ten years after the successful first edition was published, so much has changed in distribution branch management. That's why it's time to take that perennial best seller and release its SECOND EDITION. This edition is completely revised with vital new information that today’s branch manager needs to read to succeed in today’s very challenging economy!
One of the biggest trends related to branch business is that the expectation is even higher today for branch manager performance. The traditional advancement of a person going from inside sales to outside sales to branch manager is no longer the assumed track. The branch manager who comes up that track with no business and leadership skills has really struggled as companies push even harder for improved performance at the branch level. Regardless of organizational structure, the branch manager—who Ambrose calls "the CEO at the market level"—must possess the 5 Fundamentals in this book if the company is to remain profitable and provide the best value for customers in today’s new market landscape.
Read Extended Description »
Write a review »
These 5 Fundamentals are the indispensable elements in business and leadership skills for branch managers who want to create in their businesses the highest net speed within their markets. Net speed is what sets apart wholesaler-distributors at the market level. A company’s business strategy may be to have large inventories at hubs within a next-day-morning delivery. However, a distributor in the local market who has far less inventory but has the highest level of quality, accuracy in transactions, and credibility in doing what it promises will beat other distributors at growing profitable market share to the right customers because its net speed is much greater.
What does it take to become a successful distribution branch manager? You can count the needed skills on the fingers of one hand.
In preparing yourself to become a successful branch manager, you’re going to need to engage in self-examination, pinpoint your weaknesses, and take immediate action. Lucky for you, 5 Fundamentals for the Wholesale Distribution Branch Manager, Second Edition gives you a step-by-step procedure for doing just that.
You’ll find down-to-earth guidance in
- acquiring a “5,000-foot view” of your market so you can quickly adapt your business to take advantage of opportunities and prevent losses
- becoming a great communicator and leader so you can energize your team to move your business toward higher profitability
- building strong teams and solving problems so you can give your branch employees the tools and motivation to beat your competitors
- improving the productivity of your outside sales force by focusing them at the right accounts to grow your market share
- developing a sound understanding of accounting basics, financial analysis, and financial reporting processes so you thoroughly know your business—especially critical in today’s still tough economy.
About the Author
Jim Ambroseinfo page
Jim has more than 30 years in the wholesale distribution industry. He specializes in doing "turn-arounds" and conducting his popular workshop "Business Skills and Leadership Training for the Wholesale Distribution Branch Manager."
Why NAW Institute Publications Are Different
NAW Institute for Distribution Excellence conducts research into strategic management issues affecting the wholesale distribution industry. Our research is conducted with best practice wholesaler-distributors, and we publish leading-edge research studies with practical application for wholesale distribution firms of all sizes and across all lines of trade.
Order Softcover Books or E-Books!
- Getting the Most Out of CRM: Best Practices for Wholesaler-Distributors Find out more »
- 5 Fundamentals for the Wholesale Distribution Branch Manager, Second Edition Find out more »
- Effective Sales Incentive Design for Distributors: What’s the Right Plan? Find out more »
- In Search of the Perfect Customer: Cost-to-Serve for Distributors Find out more »
- Taking Charge of Distribution Sales: 9 Proven Skills to Lead and Manage Your Sales Team Find out more »
- Facing the Forces of Change®: Decisive Actions for an Uncertain Economy Find out more »