NAW 2012 Employee Compensation Report (2 Volumes)
- *Quantity discounts:
- 2-15 items: 15%
- 16-30 items: 20%
- 31-100 items: 30%
- 101-250 items: 40%
- 251+ items: 50%
Watch Al Bates of Profit Planning Group discuss why payroll and fringe benefits represent the name of the game in distribution. To help you understand payroll and fringe benefits and where your firm stands within the industry, Al encourages you to order the NAW 2012 Employee Compensation Report.
As soon as you complete your purchase of this two-volume Report, you'll receive links to immediately download Volume 1 (PDF) and Volume 2 (Excel file) to your desktop.
As the U.S. economy continues to slowly recover, wholesaler-distributors are reconsidering their staffing needs and how to attract and keep top performers.
In two-volumes, the NAW 2012 Employee Compensation Report draws on findings from the most comprehensive compensation and benefits survey of the wholesale distribution industry that you’ll find anywhere! This report analyzes data from more than 1,100 wholesaler-distributors across a broad spectrum of sales volumes and lines of trade. It lets you see how your company’s compensation program compares with those of other wholesale distribution companies. With this report, you’ll have all the benchmarks and backup you need to budget employee pay and benefits with confidence!
The NAW 2012 Employee Compensation Report gives you breakouts by:
- Company size in more than 20 sales volume categories from under $20 million to $1 billion and above
- Job title from warehouse employee to vice president to CEO—more than 30 different titles
- Geography by more than 100 specific areas in the United States, plus Canada and Puerto Rico
- Salaries, bonuses, and perks
- Sales commission plans
- Retirement income programs
- Health care programs
- End-of-year bonus arrangements
- Vacation and holiday pay.
Read Extended Description »
What Readers Have to Say
- "Our company has participated for many years in the NAW Employee Compensation Reports. We trust and use these reports for the valuable data points they provide and as one of several benchmark guides when we meet with our Board and compensation consultants to make decisions on company executive-level and other job-level compensation and benefits programs."
- — David Griffith, Chairman, President, and CEO, Modern Group Ltd
- "I use the NAW Employee Compensation Report to benchmark our compensation programs to ensure that we remain competitive. Overall, I find the NAW Institute’s publications to be valuable resources for benchmarking Powell’s performance statistics and employee practices. NAW does a first-class job for our wholesale distribution industry."
- — Ernest Schilling Sr., President, Powell Electronics Inc.
- "The survey information is a valuable tool to have when analyzing company salaries in comparison to market/geographical areas. We have 75 locations throughout the United States and Canada. The data certainly helped in our efforts to be competitive in the market."
- — Kelani Lee, Senior HR Generalist and Compensation Analyst, Animal Health International Inc
Write a review »
This two-volume Compensation Report presents information for firms in the United States, plus Canada and Puerto Rico with sales volumes as follows:
- Under $20 Million – 592 reporting firms
- $20 to $50 Million – 230 reporting firms
- $50 to $100 Million – 137 reporting firms
- $100 to $250 Million – 94 reporting firms
- $250 to $500 Million – 30 reporting firms
- $500 Million to $1 Billion – 13 reporting firms
- Over $1 Billion – 30 reporting firms
What Each Volume Provides
Volume 1 is the owner and C-level executive report on employee compensation and benefits in a handy 50-page PDF. It presents a summary of executive and staff compensation, including ranges and comparative details of particular interest to distribution executives. This detail can be useful for establishing, negotiating, or defending executive compensation.
Volume 1 presents compensation details grouped in the following convenient, side-by-side presentations to facilitate comparisons useful in acquisition scenarios:
- Firms under $20 million and firms over $20 million
- 6 sales ranges analyzing firms over $20 million in more detail
- Local, regional, national, and international firms.
Volume 1 also provides exclusive information on public versus private firms. This is especially beneficial for comparing firms that may have serious shareholder constraints on compensation with firms that are still private entities.
Volume 2 is of particular interest to the HR department. It provides a comprehensive analysis of entire firms as well as individual branches. Delivered as a searchable Excel document, Volume 2 provides the critical information HR departments routinely use to establish compensation and benefits practices. It is ideal for adjusting compensation levels to the cost of living in different regions. Volume 2 analyzes firms in more than 20 narrowly focused sales volume ranges. For those involved in acquisitions, this detail is especially helpful for understanding compensation issues at firms that may be acquisition candidates.
Volume 2 presents a detailed analysis of compensation and benefits in
- 9 sales ranges under $10 million
- 13 sales ranges over $10 million
- 106 regional, state, and metropolitan areas in the United States, plus Canada and Puerto Rico.
Volume 2 also provides detailed branch analyses in
- 10 sales ranges under $10 million
- 5 sales ranges over $10 million
- 171 regional, state, and metropolitan geographic areas.
Why NAW Institute Publications Are Different
NAW Institute for Distribution Excellence conducts research into strategic management issues affecting the wholesale distribution industry. Our research is conducted with best practice wholesaler-distributors, and we publish leading-edge research studies with practical application for wholesale distribution firms of all sizes and across all lines of trade.
Order Softcover Books or E-Books!
- 5 Fundamentals for the Wholesale Distribution Branch Manager, Second Edition Find out more »
- Effective Sales Incentive Design for Distributors: What’s the Right Plan? Find out more »
- Facing the Forces of Change®: Decisive Actions for an Uncertain Economy Find out more »
- In Search of the Perfect Customer: Cost-to-Serve for Distributors Find out more »
- Taking Charge of Distribution Sales: 9 Proven Skills to Lead and Manage Your Sales Team Find out more »