Sales Leadership Power Package
- How to Become an Exceptional Distributor Sales Leader Dave Kahle
- Transforming Your Sales Force for the 21st Century, Second Edition Dave Kahle
- *Quantity discounts:
- 2-15 items: 15%
- 16-30 items: 20%
- 31-100 items: 30%
- 101-250 items: 40%
- 251+ items: 50%
Distributor Sales Leaders: Shorten your learning curve, prevent costly mistakes, and implement effective practices that will lead to exceptional performance.
There has never been a time when sales leadership has been more crucial to the survival of wholesale distribution companies.
In this practical handbook, Dave Kahle shares years of useful, hands-on experience with answers to the 50 most crucial questions asked by distributor sales leaders.
Find insights and experience for these issues:
- Getting salespeople to do what you want them to do
- Goal setting with salespeople
- Hiring and firing salespeople
- Motivating salespeople
- Targeting accounts
- Organizing your sales team
- Training and developing your salespeople
- Growing margins in a difficult economy
- Adding power to sales meetings
- Handling the salesperson who has reached a plateau
- Motivating senior sales reps
- Plus 39 other important issues
This is the book that every distributor sales leader should have on the bookshelf! It contains real-life solutions to help distributor sales leaders survive and thrive in today’s changing economic environment.
Distribution companies, by their nature, should be sales-oriented companies. However, many distributors don't do sales very well. That's the premise behind this book by Dave Kahle. Written for distributor sales managers and executives, Transforming Your Sales Force for the 21st Century, Second Edition provides a blueprint to transform sales forces into highly directable, effective, and focused performers. It describes “11 Highest Potential Initiatives” in a down-to-earth, clear style that makes it easy to implement immediately within a distribution business in the current economic environment.
What Readers Have to Say
- "Transforming Your Sales Force for the 21st Century, Second Edition lays out the game plan for building an effective sales organization. I've learned to think differently because of it. Kahle’s prescriptions are compelling and easy to follow. Every serious executive who has anything to do with the sales force should study this. When it comes to the processes of selling, there is none more knowledgeable than Dave Kahle......he's the best!"
- — Les Young, Vice President--Corporate Services, Aerospace Products International
- "Everything makes so much sense. I wish I had Transforming Your Sales Force for the 21st Century, Second Edition 15 years ago. I particularly appreciated the idea of training the salespeople to a minimum level of competency, and then helping to stimulate them to mastery. What a great way to understand what to do in terms of sales force training!"
- — Bob Burdette, President, Nunn Electric Supply Corporation
- "Dave speaks to us with frankness, knowledge, and experience that I wish I had when I entered the business. Not only is How to Become an Exceptional Distributor Sales Leader a great read, but a go-to manual for answers to the challenges distributors face every day."
- — Chet Murphy, Vice President for Market Development, Brenntag North America, Inc.
- "How to Become an Exceptional Distributor Sales Leader is timely and up- to-date, and it addresses the real-world concerns of distributor sales efforts. I found the honest, upfront style to be refreshing and necessary. This book gets down to the nuts-and-bolts of everyday distributor selling. I’d recommend it for every distributor who is looking to revitalize and grow business."
- — Gene Newburg, Vice President, Industrial Sales, Sales Machinery Inc.
- "Because each chapter in How to Become an Exceptional Distributor Sales Leader addresses a specific question, it is easy to focus on those chapters that are most relevant. This is a book that I think every distributor branch manager and sales manager should read."
- — Rudy Wieschorster, Senior Vice President, Independent Supply Company, Inc.
- "How to Become an Exceptional Distributor Sales Leader is Dave Kahle's best book yet. It provides a clear, focused action list to address any sales issue a distributor may have. The Q-and-A layout provides a quick look up to any challenge. It's a must-read for all sales leaders in wholesale distribution."
- — Michael Souders, Regional Vice President, WinWholesale, Inc.
- "Dave has hit the mark on issues we face when managing a sales force, past and present. How to Become an Exceptional Distributor Sales Leader is easy to read and understand, and offers practical solutions. Thank you for reminding me of what I have forgotten and giving us new direction that is practical and on target for today and the future."
- — Chris Saxton, CEO, Pace, Inc.
- "How to Become an Exceptional Distributor Sales Leader presents real-world questions concerning sales- related issues and questions facing today’s business leaders. Dave’s question-and-answer format is easy to read and provides high value and action-oriented advice. This is a must-read for those responsible for improving business sales process, accountability, and results."
- — Fred Cuda, CEO, The Blake Group
Write a review »
- Foreword (Adobe PDF, 2 pages) Email this »
- Table of Contents (Adobe PDF, 3 page) Email this »
- Article based on Transforming Your Sales Force (Adobe PDF, 7 Pages) Email this »
- Transforming Your Sales Force Chapter 1 (Adobe PDF, 4 Pages) Email this »
- Transforming Your Sales Force Table of Contents (Adobe PDF, 2 Pages) Email this »
About the Author
Dave Kahleinfo page
Dave is a noted consultant and speaker, who specializes in distribution sales. He has acquired his message through real-life experience. Dave has been the number one salesperson in the country for two different companies in two distinct industries. He took a new territory to more than $5,000,000 in sales in 5 short years, becoming the number one salesperson in the nation. Dave’s experience evolved as General Manager of a start-up division of a distribution company that grew from $10,000 in monthly sales, to more than $200,000 in 3 years. He is President of The DaCo Corporation.
Order Softcover Books or E-Books!
- 5 Fundamentals for the Wholesale Distribution Branch Manager, Second Edition Find out more »
- Effective Sales Incentive Design for Distributors: What’s the Right Plan? Find out more »
- Facing the Forces of Change®: Decisive Actions for an Uncertain Economy Find out more »
- In Search of the Perfect Customer: Cost-to-Serve for Distributors Find out more »
- Taking Charge of Distribution Sales: 9 Proven Skills to Lead and Manage Your Sales Team Find out more »