Value Creation Strategies for Wholesaler-Distributors
Steve Deist, Mike Marks, Mike Emerson
- *Quantity discounts:
- 2-15 items: 15%
- 16-30 items: 20%
- 31-100 items: 30%
- 101-250 items: 40%
- 251+ items: 50%
In Value Creation Strategies for Wholesaler-Distributors, authors Steve Deist, Mike Marks, and Mike Emerson provide highly actionable insights about how wholesaler-distributors can use a market-driven strategy to increase enterprise value for customers and shareholders. The authors walk through the principles that drive successful strategy development and execution for wholesaler-distributors of all sizes and lines of trade. Through their research findings and the real-world distribution examples provided throughout this book, they explain how value creation strategy can produce significant and rapid financial benefits. A market-driven approach is the key to creating true competitive advantage, permanently improving organizational performance, and making real productivity gains. Wholesale distribution top executives, directors, and those who are on the path to top leadership in distribution should read this book.
Save 15% when you order together with these other best sellers from the authors at Indian River Consulting Group: Effective Sales Incentive Design for Distributors: What’s the Right Plan?, Working at Cross-Purposes: How Distributors and Manufacturers Can Manage Conflict Successfully, What's Your Plan? Smart Salesforce Compensation in Wholesale Distribution, and 5 Fundamentals for the Wholesale Distribution Sales Manager.
What Readers Have to Say
- "This book will be of great benefit for any distributor who wants to develop an effective strategy, especially those who donít know where to start. It shows how to develop a plan that your organization can execute successfully, which is where most fail. It opened my eyes to the need to match the plan to the resources of the organization. Like most things in distribution, less really is more."
- — Charles Lingenfelter, President and CEO, Industrial Distribution Group
- "The current business environment is forcing all of us to re-examine our business model no matter how successful it may have historically been. This book provides an excellent launching board from which to start that process. Every chapter contains examples of accurate and identifiable real-world situations. This clear grounding in distributor reality forced me to take all of their findings seriously regardless of how much they conflicted with my own internal beliefs. The text is concise, interesting, and actionable."
- — Dan Blaylock, President, Adams-Burch, Inc.
Write a review »
About the Authors
Steve Deistinfo page
Steve has more than 20 years of experience in the wholesale distribution and supply chain arenas. In addition to his consulting work, he is a highly rated speaker, trainer, and board director. He is Indian River Consulting Groupís strategic planning specialist and manages the firmís channel consulting projects for manufacturers that sell through distribution.
Mike Marksinfo page
Mike co-founded Indian River Consulting Group in April 1987 after a 20-year career in distribution management. He has written extensively, is frequently quoted on many industry issues, and is a research fellow for the NAW Institute for Distribution Excellence. He is recognized for his expertise in channel strategies, supply chain management, and the practical application of technology.
Mike Emersoninfo page
Mike began his career at Indian River Consulting Group (IRCG) in 1997 and has worked with hundreds of distributors and manufacturers of all sizes and within many lines of trade. He has managed a broad array of IRCG projects. His main focus areas include: compensation design, strategy facilitation, market research, and data modeling and analysis. Mike writes extensively on distributor and marketing channel topics and is frequently quoted on contemporary issues.
Why NAW Institute Publications Are Different
NAW Institute for Distribution Excellence conducts research into strategic management issues affecting the wholesale distribution industry. Our research is conducted with best practice wholesaler-distributors, and we publish leading-edge research studies with practical application for wholesale distribution firms of all sizes and across all lines of trade.
Order Softcover Books or E-Books!
- 5 Fundamentals for the Wholesale Distribution Branch Manager, Second Edition Find out more »
- Effective Sales Incentive Design for Distributors: What’s the Right Plan? Find out more »
- Facing the Forces of Change®: Decisive Actions for an Uncertain Economy Find out more »
- In Search of the Perfect Customer: Cost-to-Serve for Distributors Find out more »
- Taking Charge of Distribution Sales: 9 Proven Skills to Lead and Manage Your Sales Team Find out more »