Driving Distributor Sales Beyond: Best Practices for Outselling Your Competitors
- *Quantity discounts:
- 2-15 items: 15%
- 16-30 items: 20%
- 31-100 items: 30%
- 101-250 items: 40%
- 251+ items: 50%
Take less than 3 minutes to hear directly from Author Dirk Beveridge about why you need this book.
Is your sales team prepared to compete effectively and win business in the current economic climate? Author Dirk Beveridge believes you’re losing business if your sales team is selling in the same way it did 24 months ago and you’re managing sales as you did a year ago. That’s the bad news. However, if you know there’s a better way to unify and inspire your sales organization to produce better top- and bottom-line sales, then this new book will help you get there.
Beveridge surveyed the industry and conducted in-depth interviews with 17 high-performing distributors. Based on that research, this book shows you what separates those distributors that consistently outperform their competitors. It provides you with a roadmap and best practices for how to take more from your market than it’s prepared to give you by outstrategizing, outmanaging, and outselling your competitors!
Read Extended Description »
What Readers Have to Say
- "Beveridge’s central concept of systematically training salespeople and measuring sales performance is something I know works effectively, because we use it in my business as we differentiate our company from our competitors. His writing is enthusiastic and filled with real-life distributor examples, charts, and checklists that reinforce his premise. His insights about creating a sustainable culture of excellence go far beyond the typical sales training book."
- — Dan Blaylock, President, Adams Burch Inc.
Write a review »
The goal of this book is to show you in sales management and your sales team how to take more from the market than the market is prepared to give you by outstrategizing, outmanaging, and outselling your competitors!
As a wholesale distribution sales executive or human resources manager, improving your sales team’s results is top of mind. But how do you create the right culture of sustained sales excellence? Driving Distributor Sales Beyond provides the research—including best practices straight from leading distributors—and the insights to detail for you a path of real, sustainable, and cumulative organic growth.
The solution is found within a holistic approach to the problem. This book will help you develop an integrated approach beginning at the top of your company and working its way throughout your organization in a structure of continuous improvement.
The research, stories from leading distributors, and best practices detailed in this timely book provide the following four proven elements that will guide your strategy for success:
- Guiding idea. Developing a clear, meaningful, articulated vision and mission that serve as the foundation for everything that is asked of the sales team.
- Sales management system. Systematizing effective sales management processes; once done, this fills a major void in many distributor sales organizations!
- Sales system. Defining the “way of life” for your sales team to ensure that your salespeople are unified around a common vision and standards of performance.
- Continuous improvement. Developing and institutionalizing a learning and development process that drives continuous improvement within your sales team.
If you accept the challenge and hard work required to deliver a holistic process of driving sales beyond what the market is prepared to give, superior organic growth is not only possible, but highly probable.
About the Author
Dirk Beveridgeinfo page
Dirk is President of 4th Generation Systems, a sales, marketing, and leadership development firm that helps wholesaler-distributors and manufacturers become more competitive and provide deeper value to customers. Dirk has helped strengthen the sales and marketing strategies of leading distribution firms in the industrial, chemical, building materials, electrical, food service, office products, hardware and plumbing, packaging, and other lines of trade.
New Distribution Sales Blog
Interact with Dirk Beveridge on his Driving Sales Beyond blog, where he discusses parts of his book Driving Distributor Sales Beyond: Best Practices for Outselling Your Competitors in depth and expands on sales and sales management trends in the industry.
Why NAW Institute Publications Are Different
NAW Institute for Distribution Excellence conducts research into strategic management issues affecting the wholesale distribution industry. Our research is conducted with best practice wholesaler-distributors, and we publish leading-edge research studies with practical application for wholesale distribution firms of all sizes and across all lines of trade.
Order Softcover Books or E-Books!
- 5 Fundamentals for the Wholesale Distribution Branch Manager, Second Edition Find out more »
- Effective Sales Incentive Design for Distributors: What’s the Right Plan? Find out more »
- Facing the Forces of Change®: Decisive Actions for an Uncertain Economy Find out more »
- In Search of the Perfect Customer: Cost-to-Serve for Distributors Find out more »
- Taking Charge of Distribution Sales: 9 Proven Skills to Lead and Manage Your Sales Team Find out more »