The Time, Space & Cost Guide to Better Warehouse Design, Second Edition
- *Quantity discounts:
- 2-15 items: 15%
- 16-30 items: 20%
- 31-100 items: 30%
- 101-250 items: 40%
- 251+ items: 50%
Let The Time, Space & Cost Guide to Better Warehouse Design, written by Maida Napolitano, be your hands-on guide to improving the design and operations of your warehouse or distribution center. The authors have combined a theoretical yet practical approach that is applicable to both conventional and state-of-the-art warehouses. This newly revised edition offers more than 100 charts and figures to illustrate concepts, provide detailed data, and offer further insight.
Read Extended Description »
The Time, Space & Cost Guide to Better Warehouse Design provides a wealth of information that will help you benchmark your operations and test new ideas and concepts before you implement them.
Warehouse Time Standards: This section discusses the use of time to measure work, estimate labor requirements, evaluate alternative designs, and benchmark and improve operations. By measuring time in the warehouse, you can identify opportunities to save time, reduce labor costs, and increase throughput. Includes 35 figures with labor estimates for everything from pallet putaway and document processing to travel time, package handling, and more.
Warehouse Space Calculations: This section evaluates the impact of various storage and material handling equipment methods on space utilization and provides strategies to help you determine the best possible combination of products, equipment, and operating systems for your facility. Includes 58 figures illustrating the advantages and disadvantages of various storage, receiving and shipping layouts, and detailed specifications for a wide range of material-handling equipment.
Warehouse Cost Calculations: This section focuses on the conversion of time and space requirements into bottom-line costs. You’ll find a thorough analysis of the different warehouse cost centers, the latest cost figures, and techniques for analyzing these costs. Includes 17 figures showing typical building costs, material-handling equipment costs, storage equipment costs, dock equipment costs, average hourly wages by region, and more.
About the Author
Maida Napolitanoinfo page
This book was written by a team of experts from Gross & Associates, one of the country’s leading warehouse consulting firms.
Order Softcover Books or E-Books!
- Facing the Forces of Change®: Reimagining Distribution in a Connected World Find out more »
- Getting the Most Out of CRM: Best Practices for Wholesaler-Distributors Find out more »
- 5 Fundamentals for the Wholesale Distribution Branch Manager, Second Edition Find out more »
- Effective Sales Incentive Design for Distributors: What’s the Right Plan? Find out more »
- In Search of the Perfect Customer: Cost-to-Serve for Distributors Find out more »
- Taking Charge of Distribution Sales: 9 Proven Skills to Lead and Manage Your Sales Team Find out more »
- Facing the Forces of Change®: Decisive Actions for an Uncertain Economy Find out more »