Billion Dollar Company Chief Legal Officer Roundtable
David BirkSenior VP/General Counsel/Secretary, Avnet, Inc
David Birk has been Avnet's chief legal officer since 1989 and heads the company's global legal team. He reports to Chairman & CEO Roy Vallee and is a member of the Avnet Executive Board. He was the principal architect of Avnet's shared business services approach to leveraging scale and scope for internal support services. From 2003 to 2005 Mr. Birk lived in Belgium and worked from Avnet's European regional headquarters, where he introduced shared business services principles and processes to Avnet's European organizations.
He was named a corporate senior vice president in November 1992.
Prior to joining Avnet in 1980, Mr. Birk was a partner in the law firm of Burstein & Marcus in White Plains, New York, and an associate attorney in the firm of Jacobs Persinger & Parker in New York City.
Mr. Birk holds a B.A. degree from the University of Florida and a law degree from Cornell Law School.
John GschwindV.P., Legal, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Rexel Holdings USA Corp.
Laura TaylorManaging Director, Aon Risk Consultants, Inc
Order Softcover Books or E-Books!
- 5 Fundamentals for the Wholesale Distribution Branch Manager, Second Edition Find out more »
- Effective Sales Incentive Design for Distributors: What’s the Right Plan? Find out more »
- Facing the Forces of Change®: Decisive Actions for an Uncertain Economy Find out more »
- In Search of the Perfect Customer: Cost-to-Serve for Distributors Find out more »
- Taking Charge of Distribution Sales: 9 Proven Skills to Lead and Manage Your Sales Team Find out more »